Latest Event Updates
Q:- You find out that contractor have carried out RT as the 10% contractual percentage required by the specification code. The specification also insists that an additional 2 weld, radiographed for every weld that is failed. One of the pipe’s spools had an au acceptable defect which the contractor has ignored and radiographed another weld in its place which is acceptable, what would be your course of action be?
- As long as the other radiograph butt weld is acceptable it’s ok, as the 10% condition percentage required by the specification code has been satisfied
- This is usual practice as 10% NDT is really not important
- Review the original failed weld and insist they have the additional 2 welds radiographed
- Review the original have it failed weld and repaired , radiographed , then I would insist that they have an additional 2 weld radiographed
Q:- Some codes require the excess weld metal (weld cap) on cross weld joint tensile specimens to be flush ground, this is because:
- Flushed caps will always break in the weld metal area
- This is to remove any porosity in the excess weld metal (weld cap)
- It is easier to calculate the cross section areas of the joint when fused
- Flushed caps have fuser stress raisers and therefore give a more aqua rate result
Video Posted on Updated on
certified welding inspector course in india, certified welding inspector practice test, certified welding inspector study guide, certified welding inspector course in Delhi india, aws cwi training material, aws cwi training classes, aws cwi seminars, welding inspector training, certified welding inspector training, certified welding inspector course, cwi course, welding inspector certification, aws cwi course material, results for cwi, aws cwi exam results, cwi exam schedule, aws cwi schedule, cwi verification, cwi test, aws cwi exam schedule 2015, aws cwi exam results, aws cwi exam cost, aws cwi exam pass rate, aws cwi exam questions, aws cwi exam pattern, cwi exam schedule, aws forms, aws cwi exam questions, 2015 New Delhi
Q:- Would you consider using a 5mm electrode for vertical up root runs in a 6G (HL045) fixed position pipe?
- Yes ,it is compatibility
- Yes but this would depend upon the welder skill
- No, it is not the most suitable electrode coating type
- No, the electrode should have been smaller in diameter
Image Posted on Updated on
What is different between back weld and backing weld?