aws cwi exam questions pdf
Q:- What is the range of thickness of base metals that AWS D1.1 covers?
1. All thicknesses
2. All thicknesses exceeding 1/8 inch
3. Only thicknesses between 1/8 inch and 1 inch
4. Thicknesses of 1/8 inch and greater
Q:-What test specimens are required?
A. side bends tests
B. 1 face bend and 1 root bend
C. 1 T-joint break
D. 2 side bends and 2 root bends
E. None of the above
Q:- Welding inspection personnel shall be qualified by:
A. American Welding Society
B. American Society for Nondestructive Testing
C. American Petroleum Institute
D. American Society of Mechanical Engineers
E. Experience and training for the specified inspection task they perform
Q:- Which of the following may increase the risk of haz cracking when welding thick section carbon manganese steel?
1. Slow cooling after welding
2. Low moisture content in the electrode covering
3. Use of a steel grade with a low cev
4. Use of a low heat input
Q:-Cast and helix are terms that refers to
A. Ingredients in the flux coating
B. Bead deposition techniques for distortion control
C.quality of the welding wires
D. Sources from which wires are drawn
Q:- To BS 499 part 2, which of the following is true for a welding symbol?
1. This or arrow side of the joint goes on top of the reference line
2. This or arrow side of the joint goes below the reference line
3. This or arrow side of the joint goes in the middle of the reference line
4. All of the above